Axis D should be involved in maturation of projects; the latter should be understood in the broadest sense and the board does not wish to impose selection criteria based on the state of advancement of the projects; imposing a strict scope for funding is not conceivable in this field. Flexibility and open-mindedness have been unanimously demanded; considering the number of files to be processed, a study on a case-by-case basis will be conducted.
The projects receiving financial support from the Triangle de la Physique will be tracked by a correspondent of the board axis, who will be a member of the board from the innovation committee(s) on which the lab associated with the project depends. It will further be requested that the innovation committees, through a project charter which will be set up, assume their share of commitment for supporting and following the projects funded by the Triangle de la Physique.
The Innovation and transfer of technology board intends to participate in several ways on the project evaluations:
- Diagnosis (at an early stage of the project tenders). The board will be available by appointment every first Tuesday morning of the month for receiving candidates requesting financial support from Axis D in order to issue a first opinion on the files and to orient the candidates in preparing them.
- Financing: The board proposes its contribution to financing valuation projects in the three following forms:
- Technological maturation, for accompanying projects during steps consecutive to achievement in the laboratory in order to bring the technology towards its market;
- Market study, in order to ensure the viability of the project and determine existing economic opportunities; and,
- Intellectual Property (IP) study, for guaranteeing proper appropriation of innovations (patents, software packages, brands, etc.), evaluating the IP environment and checking freedom to operate.
The board wishes to be able to follow the progress of the cases which will be funded, as soon as funding conventions are signed. The members of the board from the relevant innovation committees will follow the progress of the projects and will regularly inform the board. The project managers will be invited to present the advancement of any project financed by the Triangle de la Physique in front of the Steering Committee and/or the axis board.
The board wishes to participate in selecting employees with a fixed term contract (innovation engineers) who will be financed by the Triangle de la Physique.